What is the goal of this course?
This is the third module of a course aimed at providing the necessary skills to train a detection dog. The course is mainly intended for people who wish to work as a detection dog handler (e.g. in the conservation, pest control, private security, human remains, etc) but it is open also to those who want to learn more about this training.
Detection is an activity that involves the use of a dog trained to detect the presence of certain odors.
Who can join this course?
To join this course as Premium your dog should have a solid indication behavior.
During the course we will explore the following topics:
– How to switch from indication training to search training
– How to maintain a stable alert even during a search
– Setting up the systematic search
– Search on walls
– The whole world is a lineup?
– Reduce the amount of smell