I have over twelve years of experience working with dogs. I am a certified professional dog trainer, (CPDT-KA), a Karen Pryor clicker training partner, and am certified in pet first aid.
I love all dogs and all aspects of working with dogs. I have worked in a wide range of dog-related areas - large vet hospitals, day care facilities, feed stores, dog training academies and rescues. Throughout the last 12 years I have gained a wide range of knowledge about dog behavior, health, emotional care, training, and nutrition. This broad experience has helped me immensely in understanding dogs and made me a better trainer. I have continued to hone my craft throughout the last decade. In 2018, my training expanded to incorporate special needs dogs when I fostered my first deaf and blind puppy. In 2020 I adopted Darla, who was born with limited hearing and almost no ability to see. In 2022 I adopted Clark, a completely blind rough coat collie. After multiple disabled foster dogs and now currently having my own blind and deaf dogs I am extremely passionate about helping special needs pets and their guardians connect by using force-free training methods.
- Karen Pryor Clicker Training Academy, 2011
- Lead dog trainer and manager for a Portland Oregon Dog Daycare, 2014 - 2016
- Board member and foster home for the rescue Deaf Dogs of Oregon, 2016 - 2019
- Faculty member and teacher at the Portland Oregon Whole Dog Academy, 2016 - 2019
- Certified Professional Dog Trainer ( CCPDT-KA) since 2016
- Pet Expert for Portland Oregon local news channel KPTV; More Good Day Oregon, 2015 - 2019
- All4Paws rescue Training Partner (2020-Current)
- Speak! Rescue and sanctuary Training Partner (2021-Current)
- Administrator of Pandemic Puppy Raising Support Group and Speak! St. Louis Training Support (2020-Current)
- Ambassador for Deaf Dogs Rock (Current)
- Masters in Aggression Course by Micheal Shikashio (2023)