Is your daily walk with your dog becoming a dreaded experience? Does your dog exhibit reactive behaviors such as growling, barking, or pulling when encountering other dogs, joggers, cyclists, or even passers-by? You’re certainly not alone. Managing leash-reactive behaviors can be a challenge, and at times, it can feel uncomfortable and unsafe for both you and your canine. But take heart, as there’s a way to address these issues and transform your walks into enjoyable experiences for both you and your dog. Welcome to the transformative journey with our expert, Lea.
Who Would Benefit from Taking This Course?
This comprehensive course is tailor-made for caregivers who grapple with the frustrations of leash reactivity. If your dog’s behavior has caused tension during walks or if you’ve felt embarrassed by their reactions, this course is designed to provide you with the tools, insights, and strategies necessary to regain control and restore harmony during your walks. Whether your dog’s reactions stem from fear, frustration, or any other trigger, this course will guide you in understanding and addressing these behaviors.
What Will You Learn from This Course:
- Observe and Analyze: Gain a deep understanding of your dog’s leash-reactive behaviors by learning how to observe and analyze their actions. Lea will help you decipher the underlying motivations behind these reactions, enabling you to address them effectively.
- Risk Management: Discover how to measure and minimize risks for you, your dog, and the surrounding environment during walks. Ensuring safety for all parties involved is paramount, and this course will provide you with strategies to navigate potentially tense situations.
- Behavior Management: Learn innovative techniques to manage challenging scenarios that the outside environment may impose on you and your dog during walks. By arming yourself with effective responses, you can reduce the triggers that lead to reactive behaviors.
- Counterconditioning and Desensitization: Begin a structured counterconditioning and desensitization protocol tailored to your dog’s specific triggers. Lea will guide you through the process of changing your dog’s negative associations with triggers and replacing them with positive ones.
- Progress Monitoring: As your dog advances through the protocol, learn how to gauge their progress and make necessary adjustments. Lea’s expertise will guide you in adapting the training to match your dog’s pace and needs.
Note: This course exclusively focuses on addressing leash reactivity while your dog is on a leash. Off-leash training for reactive dogs is not covered in this class.
Thank for new tools.
October 6, 2023