This course was developed as part of the 3-course series: ‘How to Train Any Animal, Anything!’
Have you ever seen an animal perform an impressive behavior/’trick’ and wondered ‘how the heck did they train that!?’
Do you seek out step-by-step instructions of how to train certain behaviors you can’t seem to figure out on your own (or perhaps have never thought to try before)?
Does imposter syndrome stop you from experimenting in new areas or subsets of behavior/skills? How about transferring your existing skills to use with a new species?
Are you interested in gaining the knowledge, skills, and confidence(!) to be able to come up with your OWN unique approach to producing brand new behavior in animals?
Stop asking—and start answering!—‘how the heck did they train that?!’
‘How to Train Any Animal, Anything!’ sets out to deliver precisely ‘what it says on the tin;’ exploring what knowledge, skills, and considerations one needs to possess or know how to make in order to be able to ‘train any animal, anything!’
Part 2/3: Pro Behavior Production
Deep-dive into the endlessly creative aspect of behavior production methods, from common approaches to the hyper-effective (however unconventional). Challenge your existing perspective and level-up your ability to develop and implement errorless learning approaches to producing brand new behavior in animals.
Who would benefit from this course series?
- Anyone thinking about or wanting to become an animal training professional
- Cross-industry pet professionals (groomers, vets, caretakers, etc) who want to add new behavior production in animal training to their skillset
- Hobbyists, sport enthusiasts, and anyone with previous experience in animal training who may be stuck on how to teach new skills they haven’t taught or received instruction on how to teach before
- Pet owners and practitioners with all species of animals who want to know how to teach new behaviors, and who may or may not have difficulty finding species and/or skill-specific instruction/support (we’ve got you covered!)
- Anyone wanting to challenge themselves towards developing ‘wow factor’ levels of behavior precision and fluency from the start
Thinking about starting here (Part 2/3: Pro Behavior Production)?
All students practiced in animal training with a solid theoretical understanding of R+, value/motivation, ABA contingencies, behavior loops, and other considerate reinforcement strategies can benefit from enhancing their creative thinking and hands-on errorless behavior production skills that is the focus for Part 2.
What will you learn from this course (Part 2/3: Pro Behavior Production)?
In Part 2, we explore topics including…
- Setting the ‘stage;’ clarity and safety considerations for both animal and human
- The training plan (planning is more than half the battle); what are the elements of an effective training plan you should know before getting started with your animal?
- End goal behavior considerations; behavior topography, association, context
- Shaping/slicing; prerequisites, task analysis, chaining, merging
- Capturing, Luring, Fading, Molding
- ‘Extreme molding;’ environmental management for producing precise behaviors fluidly and effectively
- Behavior as a physical skill (first!)
- Developing learner confidence
- Troubleshooting AKA ‘when things don’t go according to plan’
- Beyond behavior production; ‘proofing’/generalizing, maintenance