This course is a specialized program that focuses on refining position changes and enhancing distance control in obedience training. Position changes, such as sit from stand, sit from down, stand from down, and more, play a crucial role in obedience competitions, requiring a combination of precision and speed to achieve fluency. Additionally, distance control exercises provide an opportunity to delve into the intricacies of micro-movements and subtle weight shifts that significantly impact learning and behavior.
Who would benefit from taking this course?
This course is designed for everyone who have a passion for obedience training and a keen interest in perfecting position changes and distance control with their dogs. Whether you are a competitive obedience enthusiast, a professional dog trainer, or simply an obedience hobbyist, this course provides valuable insights and techniques to elevate your training skills. It is ideal for those who have already established a foundation in clicker training and wish to advance their knowledge in precision-based exercises.
What will you learn from this course:
Throughout the course, participants will gain an in-depth understanding of advanced position changes and distance control techniques. The key topics covered include:
- Front-Anchored Positions: Explore various position changes, such as sit from stand, sit from down, stand from down, stand from sit, down from sit, and down from stand. Learn the precise mechanics and cues required to execute these movements with accuracy and speed.
- Building Precision: Focus on refining each position change, emphasizing precision in movement and alignment. Discover techniques to enhance your dog’s consistency and fluency in executing the desired positions.
- Adding Distance: Gradually introduce distance into your training, teaching your dog to perform position changes accurately from a distance. Develop techniques to maintain clear communication and ensure reliable responses even when at a distance from your dog.
- Adding Cues: Learn how to add clear and effective verbal and visual cues to your position change exercises. Understand the importance of consistent cues for prompt and reliable responses from your dog.
- Adding Duration: Explore strategies to increase the duration of each position change, teaching your dog to hold the desired position for extended periods. Develop techniques to build endurance and concentration in your dog’s performance.
- Trial Variations: Prepare for obedience trials by incorporating variations into your position change exercises. Learn how to adapt to different trial scenarios and environments while maintaining precision and fluency.
Please note that rear-anchored positions will be covered in separate courses.
Prerequisites for this course include a solid foundation in clicker training. Participants should have prior experience with clicker training techniques and a basic understanding of positive reinforcement principles.
By the end of this course, participants will have acquired advanced skills in position changes and distance control, enabling them to achieve greater precision, speed, and fluency in obedience training. You will possess the knowledge and techniques to effectively train your dog to perform various position changes with accuracy and consistency. Whether your goal is to excel in competitive obedience or simply strengthen your bond and communication with your canine companion, this course will enhance your training capabilities and take your obedience skills to new heights.